Placenta encapsulation can help with balancing your hormones following childbirth.
Placenta encapsulation services in the Temple, Killeen, Fort Hood & Copperas Cove areas*!
*I also happily offer services in the areas of Round Rock, Cedar Park, and Austin – a travel fee of $20 applies to all Austin locations south of the river.
Concerned about GBS? I understand. Being fully informed of the facts is vital.
- Please read APPA’s policy statement on placenta safety regarding the presence of GBS before deciding whether to consume your placenta.
If you or your baby tests postive for GBS disease following the birth, please contact me about your options.
- Your safety and peace of mind is my prime concern!
There are many benefits to consuming your placenta via encapsulation:
- helps with your postpartum energy levels
- maintains an abundant milk supply
- balances postpartum moods
- supports the postpartum healing process
You can decide to encapsulate your placenta at any time up until delivery, even if you have a Cesarean birth.
I follow the Traditional Chinese Method of preparation, and typically use gelatin capsules (vegan caps available upon request).
- I’ve been trained in blood-borne pathogens and have gone through the food handlers’ certification program as well.
- I’ve been doing placenta encapsulation professionally since 2014, and have been professionally mentored with oversight of my sanitation and preparation methods.
- I do not include any medicinal herbs in my preparation, as sometimes they don’t agree with new moms for various reasons.
- Since the new state law (HB 1670) has been passed, obtaining your placenta from any Texas hospital is as simple as asking for it, and filling out a form or two.
I’ll come to the hospital, birth center, or your home within a few hours of your birth to pick up your placenta, and will complete the placenta encapsulation in my home.
- Please bring a small cooler or lunchbox for transport.
- Please fill out my Placenta Encapsulation Agreement so I’ve got all your necessary info!
I typically take 24-48 hours to bring you your finished placenta capsules. They come in a jar with full instructions on the label. $200
Placenta prints, artwork, and umbilical cord keepsakes
Dried umbilical cord keepsake (usually in the shape of a heart, in a small organza bag) – included with placenta encapsulation